The Game Rev Link

THE GAME REV.COM Check out everything Game Rev related and make some noise for our new show!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

VR Items - IRL Monies

Like anyone who takes WoW seriously, I have raid ready Lvl 85 toons of every class, race, and spec.  Horde and Alliance.  5 of my toons are top on the server.  As you can imagine this takes up most of my time here on earth.  The problem I am running into is keeping up all my achievements and gear without supplementing my in game gold with gold purchased illegally online from gold farmers.  First of all I don't want my accounts to get hacked.  Granted I have Authenticators for each of my accounts, but still.  It makes me very nervous.  Which reminds me I am running dangerously low on Xanax and Aderal.

 I have purchased gold here and there in order to get the basics like the 100 pet and mount achievements.  Things like this are clearly necessary.  No one would take me seriously without them.  But where I am running into problems now is that there is not enough time in the day to grind mats to keep all my toons raid ready with flasks and potions and consumables while at the same time actually raiding on my toons.  Not to mention the 5 toons I am playing on Rift on the sly (forgive me, Blizz!!) and my weekly DnD group which I DM.

Even more worrisome is that on the horizon is the Star Wars MMO which I obviously must own and dominate every bit as much as I have done with WoW.  Everyone keeps telling me, "Linus you should just pick one MMO so you have time to eat and sleep and work.  It's lame that you have to supplement your IRL income to buy VR Gold by working at Subs 'R' Us on the weekends.  You look ridiculous in a hair net."  This is true.  But how can I rest when the people of Azeroth are terrorized daily by the looming threat of Deathwing's razor sharp teeth and fiery breath of doom??  Who will be there to undo his horrible dominion when they patch his encounter into the game??  Ryan's casual a$$??  I think not.  I've reviewed his application to my guild, and I'm sorry to say that he has been found wanting.  I mean seriously.  He still has a WotLK chant on his ilvl333 bracers.  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!  Pathetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment